Alpha Gamma Rho
The history of Alpha Gamma Rho began at Ohio State University in 1904. Since then, the fraternity has grown to 71 chapters nation-wide in nearly 50 states. Over 100 years of history reflects the character of the organization today: friends coming together from various walks of life, finding common interests and a common cause, and pursuing a passion for bettering themselves and the industry that they love.
Here at LSU, the Alpha Epsilon chapter chartered in 1926 as the first Agricultural fraternity, and also the first professional and social fraternity on campus. In 1971, we purchased 17 Dalrymple Dr., which was previously the Sigma Nu house. Alpha Epsilon remained there until 2012, when we sold the house to Delta Chi. We then purchased 3980 W. Lakeshore Dr., a home formerly inhabited by Alpha Omicron Pi sorority. Our new house, which was three times the size of the old one, had been vacant for years and needed some remodeling. However, it is now the most impressive fraternity house at LSU. Here on "Sorority Row", we are constantly improving our chapter, and we invite you to join in our success.